Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Catching up. . .

Grapes and glass, 5x5" oil on cradled
gessoboard, $125.
I am beginning to think that trying to complete 30 paintings in 30 days was a mistake, given that I've just started teaching again and have a solo exhibition opening in a gallery this weekend. But I am plugging away, even though I'm behind by a few.
I believe it is called "biting off more than you can chew," but I'm still hoping to catch up.
The added challenge will come in another week and a half, when I'm heading overseas on another adventure. What was I thinking?! Looking forward to working on some watercolour travel scenes after September 21; stay tuned.
In the meantime, here's a glass of tequila - the odor of which was more powerful than turpentine in the studio. It sits next to the easel but I think it's going to have to go back in the bottle until I have time to pick up all the lilikoi in the garden and make a fine margarita, and it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment